So it’s looking like a typical weekend for me (Outside of the fact that I actually went out on a Friday night. Cool cool.) with the next two days looking to be filled with food and photography. Woke up halfway through the morning already and really only got out of bed to cook lunch for me and my brother. Ate Ellen had already prepped the ingredients beforehand so it was significantly easier for me this time around. As you might have guessed from the photo above AND the title of the post, we had salpicao for lunch!
- Beef tenderloin, cubed
- Garlic, chopped
- Oyster sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Chili oil
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Now on to cooking!
- Had a pan on high heat with a splash of peanut oil.
- Once the pan and oil were hot enough, add in the beef (which I’ve already seasoned with some salt and pepper) and spread them out evenly on the pan to get good colour on them.
- Add in the garlic after a minute and give the meat a quick mix. Leave the meat for a minute or two again to cook soften the garlic and cook the meat a bit more.
- Add in three to four splashes of worcestershire sauce and a little bit of oyster sauce.
- Turn off the heat once the meat is cooked to your desired doneness and add finish with a splash of olive oil and chili oil for a bit of heat.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
With most cooking, how much of each ingredient will really depend on your personal preference so do feel free to veer away from the recipe to get the taste just the way you like it. One thing I’m thinking might go well with this is a light squeeze of some citrus to brighten the dish up. You can really put your own twist to this. Go try it out and impress your mom with it this weekend! Good luck!